Within the Framework Contracts EuropeAid BENEF 2013, SICI Dominus has been awarded the project “Support to the National Institute of Statistics and Demography for the implementation of a database and analytical plans” in Burkina Faso.
Burkina Faso, like many other countries in sub-Saharan Africa, faces a worrying nutritional situation. According to WHO data, acute malnutrition and chronic malnutrition reach 7.6% and 27.3% respectively. These data are very high despite supposing a slight improvement during the last decade.
To combat this problem, Burkina Faso joined the SUM (Scalling up nutrition) movement in 2011 and put into operation the National Council for the Coordination of Nutrition (CNCN).
The general objective of this project is to contribute to the reduction of chronic malnutrition in order to achieve the 2025 objectives of Burkina Faso, through the following expected results:
- The data necessary for the analysis are identified and used in protocols for use among stakeholders.
- The tools for storing, archiving and making available statistical data and information on the nutritional situation are created.
- The first analytical plan is available and documented.
- A training plan is defined for the involved stakeholders (INS, CNCN, General Directorates of statistical studies of the sectoral ministries).
- Operational means are put in place, particularly human resources and technological tools.
The project will start in January 2018 for a duration of 24 months, during which a SICI Dominus expert will be posted in Ouagadougou, capital of Burkina Faso.